This episode's guest is Paul Kilgannon.
Paul Kilgannon is a Coach and Athlete Mentor, Author and Creator of The "CARVER Coaching Framework" which is used internationally across a number of sports and industries. He helps people build their ‘Coaching World’ and consults with Sporting Organisations and Clubs, as well as Corporate Entities in the area of creating Learning and Performance Environments. He has a particular interest in Youth Sports Coaching and has spent his adult life coaching across all ages.
Paul believes strongly in a positive, holistic approach to coaching in sport- developing both ‘the person’ and ‘the athlete. He believes lessons learned in sport can and must positively contribute to all areas of life. Paul espouses Coach Development as the single most important agent for change in sport and all performance domains. Through his "CARVER Framework", he provides a consultancy service and a variety of Coaching Workshops to coaches, athletes, teams, clubs and organisations across numerous sports and beyond.
On this episode Paul and I discuss:
- Paul's background and work
- Human behaviour
- Paul's biggest Influences
- The genesis of Paul's "CRAVER Coaching Framework"
- At what age can the "CRAVER Coaching Framework" be introduced?
- We discuss the benefits of journaling
- What's next for Paul and CRAVER Coaching?
- How would Paul re-structure coaching development in Ireland?
- How does Paul Learn?
- If Paul could spend a week learning from 5 people, dead or alive, who would he choose and why?
- Where can people find out more about Paul and his work?
This was a great discussion with Paul and I hope you guys really enjoy it.
Website - carvercoachingframework.com
Twitter - @carver_coaching
Facebook - Carver Coaching
Instagram - carver_coaching
YouTube - Carver Coaching
The Coaching Bubble Episode 17 – Paul Kilgannon
Coaching Children in Sport - The CRAVER Framework
Journaling to Be The Best You Can Be In Sport
Be The Best You Can Be In Sport – The Daily Journal
People and Resources Mentioned:
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.