This episodes guest is Mike Potenza.
Mike is the Strength and Conditioning coach for the San Jose Sharks and Owner/Partner Tactical Fitness and Performance.
Mike along with Kevin Neeld and James LaValle are releasing their educational product "Optimizing Adaptation and Performance", which goes on sale 29/10/19.
On this episode:
- Mike gives us his background
- Why did Mike, Jim and Kevin produce "Optimizing Adaptation and Performance"
- I ask Mike how many times a year is he looking at his athletes blood chemistry
- I ask Mike how has Jim LaValles work influenced his programming
- We discuss nutritional protocols for concussion rehabilitation
- I ask Mike how does Jim objective his nutritional interventions
- I ask Mike how he tries to regulate his players biological rhythms and exposure to proper light spectrum's?
- I ask Mike for his top and current book recommendations
- I ask Mike how he learns?
- I ask Mike how does he decide what information he can trust
- I ask Mike if he could invite 5 people to dinner, dead or alive, who would he invite and why?
This was an outstanding episode and I hope you all enjoy it as much as we did!
Twitter - @mike_potenza
Strength Coach Podcast- Episode 255- James LaValle on Metabolism, Cortisol, Minerals and Bloodwork
People and Resources Mentioned:
Dr. Michael Kucera
University of Wisconsin
San Jose Sharks
Dr. Brian Thompson
Functional Movement Screen
Ultimate Performance Online Mentorship
To get INSTANT ACCESS to almost 20 hours of World Class online video Strength and Conditioning Information go to upmentorship.com
Ultimate Athlete Concepts
Ultimate Athlete Concepts is a multi faceted company, providing the most sophisticated scientific material in sport science. UAC is the worlds leading resource for translated sport preparation educational material.
National Sports Performance Association
Certified Program Design Specialist
Certified Speed and Agility Coach
Cerfitied Weightlifting Performance Coach
Certified Sports Nutrition Coach
Complete Warm Up
Complete Speed Training
Complete Speed Games
Complete Jumps Training
Complete Olympic Lifting
Complete Youth Training
Complete Guide to Training the Female Athlete
Complete Sports Conditioning
Complete Sports Nutrition
Help support the podcast by becoming a Patreon to the show here - Patreon
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.